- for outdoor service
- 30A strength class
- up to 46kV/250kV BIL
Product sheets use advanced interactive PDF functionality.
It is recommended you use the official Adobe Acrobat Reader to edit and work with interactive PDFs.
- Voltage ratings from 5kV to 46kV
- Impulse rating up to 250kV BIL
- For higher mechanical requirements
- Partial discharge free
- Flammability rating, UL 94 V0
- Various mounting insert configurations available, see options tab for details.
- Manufactured to specific industry standards (ANSI C29.1 and ANSI C29.10)
The POI30A series insulators are designed for outdoor service, for ambient temperatures between -
50°C to +75°C. Applications include:
- supports for switchgear bus
- substation posts
- other special power applications
- Cast in high dielectric strength cycloaliphatic epoxy for UV exposure
- Zinc plated steel mounting inserts are standard, other materials available upon request.
- Insulators rated 95kV BIL and higher have inserts connected to prevent partial discharge on unused
|Voltage||Electrical Withstand||Dimensions* (in inches)||Mechanical** Withstand|
|BIL||60Hz||Height||Creepage||Cantilever (lb)||Torsion (in-lb)|
* All POI30A insulators are 5.50” in diameter, except for the POI30A46 group, which has a 6.00” diameter flared base for additional mechanical strength.
** Mechanical withstand values are 80-90% of ultimate values and are specified for four and five inserts configurations. Values for one, two, and three inserts configurations are lower. Working loads up to 50% of published values are considered safe for all insert options, but maximum loading will vary with the application and conditions of use. Cantilever forces were applied 2.50” above the loaded end of the insulator.
Additional Mechanical Withstand Details:
Tension—5,000 lb Compression—50,000 lb
Electrical withstand values are conservative and are based upon test data. The deep shed design makes these insulators suitable for polluted environments.